Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

My dad's birthday was on Sunday.  He is now 68 years old, which, let's face it, is kind of getting up there.  For being an older dad, he's still super awesome.  We spent the day in Denver together, just the two of us (since mom was home making apple pie with the twins).  While in Denver, we went to the Italian festival in Lakewood with an old family friend, and I think we both had lots of fun!  It took a couple tries to finally get a decent picture of us together, and it was funny trying to explain to him that I was going to turn the camera around and take the picture myself.  I'm so happy with the results I think I'm going to frame it!  I also think I look a lot like my dad in this picture.

So Daddy, if you're reading this, happy birthday!  I'm so lucky to have you as my father, and even though we butt heads a lot, you are my hero.  I love you bunches and can't wait to have more daddy-daughter dates.

On the crafty side of things, my dad did ask me to knit him a bib now that he is so old...  Hmmm....

love and coffee,
Lulu

1 comment:

Celia said...

Awww! Happy Birthday, Dad.