Thursday, September 16, 2010

Getting a Jump Start on Christmas

Yes, it's only September, but there are only 100 days until Christmas!  I've already started on my Christmas knitting.  My goal this year is to only give handmade gifts, either ones I made myself or homemade by somebody else.  I'm knitting fingerless gloves for a few people, and at least a couple scarves.  I'm also thinking about making some mittens, which I've never done before but there's a first time for everything.

Tonight I am taking my friend Jennifer to the open knit night at my LYS.  I taught her how to knit earlier this summer, and she got pretty hooked but will probably need a refresher course tonight.  We might even try to conquer purling.

In other news, things are going wonderfully with the new boyfriend.  He puts up with my knitting while we watch movies together.  It's perfect. =)

Are you planning to knit anything for Christmas?

love & coffee,
Lulu

1 comment:

Celia said...

Yikes. 100 days! Gotta get busy.