Thursday, August 26, 2010

Where Can I Get One?


Yesterday I was at Starbucks catching up with an old friend over caramel frappiccinos when I started saying "You know you're in nursing school when...".  She laughed at everything I had to say about how crazy my life has become in the last three days just because I started the nursing program.  When I got home, I googled "you know you're in nursing school when" and found this picture of a Starbucks coffee IV!  This is exactly what I need right now since I have TWELVE hours of classes on Monday that start at 7:30 in the morning.  I'm not looking forward to that turning into fourteen or fifteen hour days once my clinical rotations start and I have to report to the hospital at 5:30 in the morning!

You Know You're in Nursing School When...
  • As you get out of your car to go to class, you realize you still have a couple curlers in your hair.
  • Your idea of a relaxing Wednesday night consists of curling up with your fundamentals textbook.
  • The idea of having only two hours of class tomorrow is absolutely thrilling when a few months before that would have been so depressing.
  • You start watching everybody else wash their hands and arrogantly think to yourself you can do it better.
  • You can tell somebody else is also a nursing student because you will both sing the ABC's out loud while you wash your hands.
  • Watching a mannequin lose his penis is the funniest thing you've seen since school started.
  • You ask the mannequin to pass you the pen you just dropped.
  • You start yelling "You're doing it wrong!" at the TV while watching the overdose scene in Pulp Fiction and then explain in great detail (maybe with props) to the guy you've been seeing exactly how you fill a syringe.

No comments: