Saturday, April 4, 2009

Playing Catch Up

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was home for a week in March for Spring Break. I love going home, where the rest of my yarn and craft supplies live. Even better is all of my mom's craft supplies, scrapbooking stuff in particular, is at my house. A couple years ago, I just got completely hooked on scrapbooking. With all addictions, I have to pass it along to my friends. So last year, I gave my best friend Melanie a scrapbook of her very own, 8.5" by 11", with the promise that I would make some pages for the book at a later date.


During my time home, I finally was able to to! The first page pictured here is the "cover page" of the album, with a lovely quote by Maya Angelou: "Precious jewel, you glow, you shine, reflecting all the good things in the world." The background paper for that page was from the Rockstar Stack, which is filled with some very awesome paper. The second page pictured is from our high school graudation last year. Oh how we hated those stupid yellow robes! The actual graudation ceremony wasn't too bad though since Mel and I sat next to each other, so we were laughing way more than we were crying.

Speaking of Melanie! Last night we made official plans for the No Doubt/Paramore concert in May, including her coming to stay at my new apartment with me for a little while. I can't wait to see what kinds of things we'll create then!

Coffee and cashmere,
Lulu

2 comments:

Cimorine said...

That's awesome! how cool! I've never got that much into scrapbooking. I admire yours and Melanie's courage in taking it on! :)

Celia said...

I'm glad to see you back blogging again. I started blogging too.

I love those layouts!

How did you create your banner? I love it.