Wednesday, April 15, 2009

FO: Daffodil Campfire Socks


Pattern: Campfire Socks from Cider Moon
Size: Men's
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Sheppard Sport in Daffodil, less than one skein
Needles: US 3 Clover Bamboo DPN's
Mods: I knit a shorter cuff because I don't like really tall socks!
Started: I cast these on during my Thanksgiving break in November, but didn't start really working on them until this month.
Finished: This morning!
Thoughts: This is my first completed pair of socks and I am soooo proud. I think this pattern is excellent as an introduction to the wide world of sock knitting. The pattern is extremely well written and was easy to follow. I had such a hard time putting these down!

So now the big question is: are handknit socks too much for a first date?

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hmm... Too much for a first date?
Yes, unless you were really good friends with him before dating and you know he would appreciate them.

They're wonderful!!! Congratulations on finishing your first pair!

Cimorine said...

Hey! Glad you finished the socks! and don't worry, I've written and sent the letter! you should get it in a few days!@ (maybe, like, 3 or 4) :)

Celia said...

Those are amazing. Yes, socks would be too much for a fist date, unless the date is really hot or filthy rich...lol!