Friday, April 3, 2009

Currently Addicted To...

So much for being back, right? It's been over a month and this time, I HOPE, I am back for good! My spring break was a couple weeks ago, during which I caught my little sister's cold that rendered me pretty much useless for well over a week.

Now that I'm feeling better, better being a relative term, I've been actually doing stuff. Lately, I've been totally hooked on Cherry Lime cokes from Sonic, the Knitmore Girls podcast, used book sales, and knitting my first sock.

Yes dear readers, you read that correctly. Lulu is knitting a sock! The first picture is from Wednesday the 1st: behold the sock and the books I purchased from the Friends of the UNC Library used book sale.

Speaking of this used book sale, I'm so glad I finally got to check one out. The university library hosts one every first Wednesday of the month. I picked up four books, including a basically brand new copy of The Choice by Nicholas Sparks (one of my favorite authors) for a mere seven dollars.

I did not want to put that sock down all day Wednesday. That night I started turning the heel. Yesterday I finish turning the heel and shaped the gusset.  During last night's meeting of the UNC Feminist Alliance, I worked on the foot.  Couple more inches and I'll shape the toe and be finished with my first sock!  This picture was snapped this morning, proof of how addicted I've been to this little sock! Even if I never knit the second sock, I will be very happy with myself.

For the record: the pattern is the Campfire socks from Cider Moon, knit with Lorna's Laces Sheppard Sport in Daffodil. I'm knitting them on size 3's.

So what's been going on in your lives?

Lots of Love,
Lulu

2 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations! You turned a heel! They look wonderful!

Cimorine said...

Congrats on the sock! and try to stay here! we miss you! :)