Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Do You Know the Way to Santa Fe?

Last month my boyfriend and I went to Santa Fe for a much-needed weekend away.


One of the first things we did was go to a comic book shop.  I don't know if I've written about what a huge nerd my boyfriend is, but he is.  So I made him pose for a picture in front of the store.

After lunch, we went to a yarn store!  Now I had previously been to a yarn store called Oodles in 2007, which was lots of fun.  This time we checked out a yarn store called Looking Glass Yarn & Gifts.  It was wonderful, full of tons of fibery treasures.  Jared helped me pick out some lovely roving, half yak, half merino.


My dad had a great suggestion to look up that show on the Food Network, Diners Drive-ins and Dives... Where we read about the Tune-Up Cafe.  It was so yummy!  The food had a distinctive flair and was unique. Plus, we had a great conversation with a local family about what to do and see in Santa Fe.

The only draw back to the trip was the Georgia O'Keefe museum was closed.  But other than that, it was such a marvelous trip.  I just hope it was the first of many with my honey!

2 comments:

Celia said...

I wonder how that merino and yak smells when it is wet.

Rosemary said...

Hey Luci! Oh, I'm sorry that you missed the O'Keefe museum, it's wonderful. You'll just have to go back, that's all.

RST