Friday, May 21, 2010

Things are Taking Off!

I recently launched my Etsy Shop and officially have listed a whopping FIVE items, everything from stitch markers to earrings to handmade greeting cards.  I don't have a particular direction for the shop right now other than I want to share my handmade goodies with the world!  I even made a fanpage on Facebook so look me up there and "like" my website!  Right now I have 23 fans and honestly, I don't even know all of them!  Some are friends of friends, but the majority of these fans, I don't even know and that excites me so much!

I have big plans for my little craft empire.  I want to buy a domain name one of these days.  I've thought about podcasting too because I just love to talk.  I want to be famous!

Somebody who has been very inspiring to me has been Dani of the Craft Culture podcast.  Her podcasts are fun to listen to and informative.  A lot of people know that I was studying cultural anthropology at UNC, so anything dealing with sociology or anthropology fascinates me.  Right now she is trying to raise money to travel the United States on a tour. She needs money to do this, so GO DONATE TO HER! Seriously, help a sista out and donate to her. Even a couple bucks will help. I want to meet her this summer so donate money so I can do so!

In other news, I'm knitting a lace shawl and am about a third of the way through with it.  I'm loving knitting simple lace and have completely memorized the pattern.  Yay me.

Go donate to Dani.

Love,
Lulu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I met you earlier today at WE'VE GOT BEADS in Pueblo. I checked out your ETSY store and your blog. Good work and best of luck. I'll keep in touch as my venture progresses.

Sincerly,
Julie
MADE IN PUEBLO