Friday, May 14, 2010

Just Bead It!

I spent Wednesday night at my bestie's house and got some fun beading done.  Melanie made me some gorgeous stitch markers for me to list in my Etsy Shop.  She gave me some extra charms to make some of my own too.  I also made a couple sets of my own stitch markers.  Pictured at right are a couple sets that Melanie made that will be getting listed on Etsy soon.

On Thursday, we checked out Hobby Lobby, where Melanie works, and I got some really gorgeous turquoise beads and elastic to make a couple bracelets.  Next was one of the local bead shops downtown which recently moved to a bigger location.  I love this shop, and managed to find some really cute dragonfly charms to make a set of stitch markers.  There are two beads on each stitch marker, the bigger of which is also from We've Got Beads and the smaller ones were "stolen" from Mel.

I'm excited about making stitch markers and hope to make lots of other pretty beaded goodies to sell on Etsy and give as gifts.  What do you think?

coffee and cashmere,
Lulu

1 comment:

Mzuribeads said...

Hello, just dropping a note for all the unique BEAD LOVERS who like the 'special' and 'one off'.

We sell UGANDAN RECYCLED PAPER BEADS, and Fair Trade Barkcloth, BANANA LEAF and Cow Horn Beads.

Please drop by our online store to see the beautiful mixes we have on sale.

Thank you,

http://www.mzuribeads.com/