Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Cross-Stitching First


I've dabbled with embroidery and cross-stitch for many years, but I've never really finished anything entirely...Until now!  Pictured here is the finished cross-stitched bib.  I don't really remember the whole story behind this project, which just shows how long it's been since I started it.  I think one of my classmates in eighth grade gave it to me so she wouldn't feel like a dork working on her own bib at lunch.  What exactly I'm going to do with it, I'm not sure either.  I honestly think I might start a hope chest to be filled with other baby-related items and nice things for the house I hope to own someday.  I've been so inspired by finishing this cross-stitch bib that I've started another one.  I can't knit all of the time...

coffee & cashmere,
Lulu