Friday, January 8, 2010

A Couple Cups

Hello my lovelies!  I am back in my own apartment awaiting the start of the spring semester.  My trip was amazing, and I hope that I will eventually write posts about each amazing day.  However, here's some prose about what I've been up to the past few days...


I still owe Melanie her Christmas present.  I had a friend from out of town stay with me before I left for California and was unable to finish sewing her gift.  I'm making a ton of progress, but I won't tell you exactly what this is in case she reads this. (HI MEL!) So I've been working on her belated present while watching TV reruns on my laptop and drinking coffee out of my new mug.  I think it is officially one of the coolest mugs I've ever owned!   It says "MAKE COFFEE NOT WAR" and I found it in a little gift shop in Long Beach while we were in California and paid a mere $4 for it!


One of the most awesome presents I got this Christmas was from Melanie and her mom: a mix to make a cupcake in a cup! Of course I'm totally into cupcakes and all things yummy and chocolate so today I made my cupcake in a cup.  It doesn't exactly look like the most appetizing thing in the world but after five minutes in the microwave, I had a literal cup cake!  It was strawberry-flavored chocolate, odd but still yummy.  The cup is really more like a small bowl with a handle so I'm sure it will be useful.

Now on to more sewing and even more coffee!!

1 comment:

Celia said...

Awesome mugs! It doesn't matter how the chocalate looks, it's how it tastes.

The project looks really nice. I'll help you sew if you need me to.