Friday, January 9, 2009

Howdy, Hi, Hello!

And a happy belated new year! 2009 has been fairly good so far. I'm tomorrow morning to start heading back to school for the spring semester even though sometimes it still feels like I just finished last's semester finals although that was a month ago.

So what have I been up to? Besides lots of knitting of course...
  • I got my hair cut, and I think it's the best haircut I've gotten in ages
  • Then, I've been hanging out with my best friend Melanie as much as possible. On New Years Eve, we drove north to old Colorado City and then to Manitou springs. We even stopped at the new yarn outlet in Colorado Springs, where I bought yarn for Melly to learn how to knit! [Look forward to reviews on some yarn stores soon!] Some of the boutiques we visited were just amazing.
  • I made stuff to eventually sell in my etsy shop, when I get around to pricing and photographing everything.
  • I cast on for a sweater.
  • I bought more yarn.
  • Then got yarn to make a sample scarf for my hometown shop.
  • And last but not least, I think I finally came up with some new year's knitting resolutions!
2009's knitting resolutions are...
  1. Knit a sweater.
  2. Actually knit a whole sock. I don't even care if I do a pair. I just want ONE handknit sock at this point.
  3. Do my best to finish all my Christmas knitting before finals week come December.
  4. Learn more techniques and get more adventurous with my knitting.
  5. Teach Melanie to knit, which I've already been working on.
What are your knitting resolutions?

coffee and cashmere,
Lulu

3 comments:

DMCA said...

I can help you knock out two of those resolutions in one:
Learn to knit socks 2 at a time. This will get you a whole pair of socks (not just one) and teach you some fantastic new techniques that you can apply to sweaters sleeves, pant legs (should you ever decide to knit pants...) and anything else that can be done two at at time. I recommend Silvers Sock Class to learn this technique. It's how I learned, and I teach it now at my LYS. :) Good luck and happy knitting! Also, your hair looks fabulous.

Sara said...

Very cool. Yeah, I sorta need to finish my mom's other sock...
My (knitting) resolutions are:
Finish all my WIPs
Knit a sweater/blouse
Knit something fantastic for Mark
Start up the Etsy store with Mark
Buy as many gifts as I can through Etsy/make them myself
Get all Holiday gifts done BEFORE the date comes around
Knit a hand-towel
Create/go to a fiber arts circle in Gunni

Wow. Yeah - a little ambitious. But you gave me some good ideas! What is your Etsy store? What are you making?

Sara said...

Ooh, and I like your new banner!