Monday, August 4, 2008

My Wallet Doth Protest Much

At least I think that's another way to say I'm totally broke!

One of my best friends Melanie and I went to the Denver area this weekend to do some much needed shopping, bonding, and relaxing. After hitting three malls, one shopping center, five restaurants, one Baskin Robin's, and several other various stores later, I am to be very prepared for college life in addition to being well dressed!

What did all my money fund?



Okay, my cousin Meredith actually bought most of this stuff for my dorm room because she's just plain sneaky and too nice.


I also purchased three tops and one tank from Old Navy, a super cute hoodie from Torrid, and some great clearance stuff from Lane Bryant including two adorable dresses for only $10 each! Our first stop on the trip was Ulta where Melanie finally bought herself that great Daisy perfume from Marc Jacobs and I was able to find a great black lace train case to take to school.

Not everything I purchased was just for me. I found birthday presents for both my sisters and my friend James.

Something I noticed while we were shopping is how lacy sweaters are becoming popular for fall. Seeing knitting-related anything in fashion always makes me excited. Eventually I'd love to be able to actually knit something quickly enough to wear it in the season it was designed for.

Speaking of knitting, I think I found the perfect pattern for all the gray Cotton Fleece that I decided is NOT going to be knit into Tahoe. The latest Knitty Surprise, Hey, Teach! looks just too cute and like a fun knit. I must cast on as soon as possible! Gibsongirl on Ravelry knit a beautiful one from teal Cotton Fleece, and after talking with her a bit, I'm convinced that this is the short-sleeved cardigan for me.

Well dear readers, I am off to one of my local coffee shops to spin and knit with some of "the girls". Maybe you'll get lucky and get a second post tonight with pictures of some spinning progress.

coffee and cashmere,
Lulu

No comments: