Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Case of the Stolen Laptop

After babysitting and hanging out with a friend Friday night, I came home, hoping to check my e-mail and Ravelry, but when I went downstairs to get my computer, my laptop was gone! In her place was a ransom note.

THIS IS LUCI'S LAPTOP SPEAKING:
Dear Luci,
I have been taken for ransom. I want to be back with you but first you have to clean up the playroom so the family can watch the Olympics. Please do it soon so that I can be back with you.
Love, your laptop.

Okay, I admit that the playroom (our downstairs "rec room" if you will) was pretty messy, and most of it was my fault. But taking my dear laptop ransom? That seemed like a pretty extreme measure. These are my last few weeks at home and I've been hanging out downstairs because that's where the air conditioning is. The room was a mess because I'm trying to pack for college while still knitting and doing all my other crafts. But was it really necessary to kidnap my sweet Elphie? Okay, I'll let you figure this one out for yourselves.



All right, maybe it was kind of bad, but still! I do have to give my mother credit for finally getting a sense of humor when it came to something that I'm sure is very frustrating for her. Such drastic measures did get me to start cleaning that room though, and I think I've made some decent progress! It's not as good as it could look of course, especially with all the packing I'm doing for college, but I'm proud of the work I've done thus far. When the room looks even better, maybe I'll take more pictures.

Now there's even more room for spinning, which I've become quite addicted to lately.

coffee and cashmere,
Lulu

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hehehe. That's great. And horrible. Glad to hear you are doing more spinning! Yay! I heart spinning. I shall post pictures soon of this wonderful place. Good luck with the cleaning and packing and such!