Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Yarn about the Harlot

No pictures on this post because I'm not at home yet--still up in the Denver area at my cousin's house on the laptop.

OMG I MET THE YARN HARLOT! SHE WAS AMAZING!

Okay, I need to stop yelling before I give myself an asthma attack, but seriously, I had such a blast Friday night at the Tattered Cover.

She remembered commenting my blog; how cool is that? I thought I was going to die when I started talking to her. Stephanie is truly an amazing woman with a gift, and I can't wait to see her again. I read her new book cover to cover at 1 a.m. Friday night and loved it.

I also made some new friends while waiting for the book signing. A group of lovely ladies from Colorado Springs took me in as their own and made the night that much better. I also bought my first skein of Koigu yarn at the LYS by the Tattered Cover.

I should be heading home to Pueblo tonight or tomorrow morning so expect pictures in the next few days. I'm still flying high about all that has happened this weekend.

Also, may Dylan Reid rest in peace. Dude, you died too young. All the students and staff at DHPH an CCA will miss you dearly.

6 comments:

Mya said...

It was great to meet you on Friday. Sorry I didn't get to stick around after I got my book signed but I was exhausted. I'm glad you had a good time and got some awesome yarn to boot! Hope to see you again soon.

Anonymous said...

Not fair! Everyone that I know is going to see the YH except for me! Even my older sister!

Terri Lynn said...

OK! I have your pics, you need to email me at watson.terri@gmail.com and I will send them off. It's all drafted up!!!! Great to meet you!!!! We did have fun!!! I laughed so hard, when I got home, I slept so hard I awoke at 3pm all rested and ready to knit!!!!

Terri Lynn said...

OK! I have your pics, you need to email me at watson.terri@gmail.com and I will send them off. It's all drafted up!!!! Great to meet you!!!! We did have fun!!! I laughed so hard, when I got home, I slept so hard I awoke at 3pm all rested and ready to knit!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I was really happy with how it turned out. ^-^

And so jealous that you met the Yarn Harlot. Seriously.

Sisterly Knits said...

D=< Grr... the yarn harlot. You are majorly lucky.