Wednesday, April 2, 2008

7 Reasons Why Knitting is Better than Magic: The Gathering

While most of my guy friends are totally into a card game called Magic: The Gathering and the like, I am a knitter. They sit in the cafeteria at the college for hours at a time dueling against one another, playing one-on-one and two-on-two and so on and so forth until they can play no more. I sit and watch for a little while, eventually pulling out some knitting or crocheting or a book about fiber arts because I firmly believe that knitting is better than Magic.

1. To play Magic, one must collect lots of cards and this costs lots of money over the long run. You can find yarn for cheap if you look in the right places, and there is a skein for every budget from Red Heart from Wal-Mart to the gorgeous Lobster Pot cashmere purchased online.

2. With the exception of card houses, you can make plenty of different things from yarn.

3. Yarn doesn't give you papercuts like a Magic card would.

4. Alpaca yarn is way softer than any Magic card.

5. You can knit all by yourself but you need at least one other person to play Magic.

6. Knitting can be as easy or as complex as you want it to be. Magic is pretty much always complicated.

7. You don't have to know how to read to knit (without a pattern) but reading is a required skill for playing Magic.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

HAHAHAHAAA!!!
My hubby is a gamer too, and I know just what you mean. He doesn't bug me about my yarn and fabrics, and I don't bug him about his games...it's a truce...of sorts.
:-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.