Sunday, July 29, 2007

Yay for Yarn

Yesterday the twins and I went to Colorado Fiber Arts, our L.Y.S., because it was the last day of their Christmas in July sale. I bought five gorgeous skeins of Cascade 220, at 25% off!!

The twins decided they want knitted hats for their birthday, in October. Rachel wants the kitty hat from the first Stich and Bitch book, and Gina wants the same hat, but instead of kitty ears, she wants a big pom on the top with a contrasting color. I can't wait to make these hats!!

I bought myself a beautiful skein of Cascade 220 quatro. It's lime green, hot pink, dark purple, and light purple, and it's gorgeous. Did I mention it was the last skein left in that colorway? Yay me!

And for my mom, I got a skein of purples, and I think I'll make a scarf for her for Christmas I think, or mittens or something... I dont know yet. But whatever it is, she'll like it because it will be purple and made by her darling first born. Maybe I will make this scarf, called Wavy, from the Winter '04 Knitty. Hmmm, the possibilities...

coffee and cashmere,
Miss Lu

No comments: