Thursday, October 29, 2009

WIP: Hudson River Triangle

The night before my flight to California in August, I took some Lorna's Laces Sheppard Sock in Jungle Stripe and cast on the Hudson River Triangle. I had attempted this lace shawl once before about a year and a half ago with a different colorway of the same yarn, but I just wasn't feeling it then.  As you can see by the progress I made in just a matter of days, I'm really feeling it this time!


The picture on the left was taken on an scenic overlook outside Stinson Beach, which was beautiful despite all the fog.  The right photograph was taken while walking along Stinson Beach.  I was using the stitch markers that a Ravelry friend gave me in a swap and even those are San Francisco themed!

If you are looking for an easier lace project, I think this is it.  I have never really done lace before, but I'm really loving this.  It is complex enough to keep my attention, a little challenging, but not mind-numbing difficult.  The pattern is very well-written, offering both written directions and charts

With Christmas just under two months away, I've been trying to work more on my gift knitting so this shawl has been taking a bit of a snooze.  What are you working on right now?

1 comment: