Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blogging is Hard Work!

Someday I would love to be a famous blogger, or at the very least, more well-known than I am now. I'm very thankful to all my readers, but sooner or later, I want more! I've been playing around with the idea of getting my own domain name and website, slowly expanding my empire. Maybe I'll even dabble in podcasting, designing, or selling hand-dyed or handspun yarn. As Ms Violet from Lime n Violet calls herself a "knitting rockstar", and that is what I want to be someday.

I recently wrote a letter to one of my best friends from high school who is hoping to start up her own Etsy shop soon selling her own jewelry and other trinkets. I told her that we should join forces and start our own website based on all our crafting, linking to our own Etsy shop as well as the shops of others. We could each blog about our creations, give tips and tutorials for others, or maybe even put out our own online crafting zine. I personally want to take off with this idea and run with it, but maybe I should focus on my own blog first, especially since I don't even have a name for my company-to-be.

From what I've seen, pretty much all of my readers are bloggers themselves, so I know you will all understand when I say that blogging is hard work. I love having yet another creative outlet and a way to show off my craft-related things; however, it sometimes I feel bad if I don't post at least once a week or more or if my posts are short or my pictures are bad or nonexistent. As rewarding as having my blog is, once in a while, I feel more stress than pleasure; I'm sure that is all because of college and work. I know that this will pass with time though.

So dear readers, from one blogger to another, what are your blogging goals? How do you deal with that little voice in the back of your head telling you to update more? How did you come up with your clever blog names or even chose a host? Please share all your silly stories with me for I am always eager to know more about other people's blogging experiences.

coffee and cashmere,
Lulu

4 comments:

DMCA said...

I go through phases with my blog. Some months/weeks I blog almost constantly and other months/weeks it's a chore to toss up a few lines about a project I'm working on. I have this weird thing where I think no one reads my stuff so why bother. Then I realize, I'm not really blogging for other people. I'm blogging for myself so I have a record of what I've done and how I did it. That makes it easier for me, to think of it as a knitting timeline for myself. The trick I think is to constantly be learning new things that you WANT to talk about, engaging in new projects and goals that make you want to tell the world about it. I find it much easier to blog when I'm knitting new and interesting things, when I've discovered a new technique or found a new designer I really dig.

Keep it up! I'm adding you to my google page so I can be a regular reader as well. :)

Sara said...

Well, now that I've got my camera fixed, I plan on blogging more. I, too would love to open an etsy. Maybe a combo with my boyfriend to is starting to make jewelry, and he crochets. I knit, spin, and crochet a little. So, yeah. That and blogging more and actually doing more projects are my goals. I'm a little busy with college. Designing knitting would be cool, too. Good luck with your blogging and such. I will try to read your blog more. I've been neglecting reading everyone's.

Oh, and I now love socks. I shall knit more. Oh, and are you going to be in town for Thanksgiving? Wanna knit/spin?

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Slow Downloads With NZB Files You Can Instantly Search High Quality Movies, Games, MP3 Albums, Applications and Download Them @ Maxed Out Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat method[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood avenues to produce an income online.