Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Fetching Christmas!

Because I am such a rebel, I took my knitting to Mass on Christmas Eve. While sitting listening to the choir and the readings, I finished my second Fetching! I just need to finish weaving the ends in and I'm totally and completely done. Aren't they gorgeous? And they're soooooo soft! I'm still not totally sure how I feel about the yarn, since it's hard to see the cabling with the heathered color of the fuzzy alpaca. Overall, I'm addicted to the pattern, and I plan on making several more pairs of Fetching. I also would love to attempt a pair of Dashing, most likely to be made with some Cascade 220.

My Christmas was pretty average, but it was very good. One of my best friends Melanie made me a gingerbread house, and her mom gave me the 2008 day by day Stitch and Bitch calender! I got a really fuzzy new bathrobe, some great jewelry, a couple giftcards, and *drum roll...*

$100 to spend on YARN!


This is totally going to come in handy with all the new yarn stores I'm planning on visiting in the next week or two. My mom suggested that I use the money to buy the Knit Picks Harmony options set I want, but I'd rather have yarn.

Mom and I are leaving early tomorrow morning for Arizona and should be back the third or fourth of January. I don't know what type of computer access I'll have while I'm out of state, if I will even have any at all. I don't know what I'm going to do without checking Ravelry every single day!

That being said, I have a billion things to do before I have to go to work this afternoon. I need to decide what yarn to bring so I have plenty of knitting for the long car ride there and back.

coffee and cashmere,
Lulu

5 comments:

Kat said...

I'm glad to hear you like fetching. I'm thinking of knitting myself a pair. $100 for yarn?! Thats a pretty darn good Christmas gift!

Sisterly Knits said...

-dance,dance- You are majorly lucky. :D

Anonymous said...

Wow...cool!!!!!!!!!! Haha...I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Omigosh, you're lucky! 100 dollars for yarn! Now I know what I wnat for my birthday! I think I might make myslef a pair of Fetching, but the cabling scares me. Have fun in Arizona.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm from Ravelry, will you add my blog to your page? I'll add you.

www.knitapickle.wordpress.com

:)